Care & Maintenance
Basic, routine maintenance consists of keeping your floor swept and clean, and to avoid tracking dirt, sand and other abrasive materials on it in the first place. Other recommended procedures:
* Use a soft broom rather than a hard brush broom which can scratch the finish.
* Vacuum with a soft brush attachment.
* Place floor mats at the entryway of all outside doors.
* Whenever possible, avoid wearing high-heeled (spike heel) shoes which, after repeated traffic, can leave dents.
* Pets’ nails should be kept trimmed.
* Use Teflon glides under furniture legs, and never drag heavy objects, such as a refrigerator or other major appliances, across the floor. Use a dolly or other conveyances.
* Always blot up liquid spills quickly.
* Use a moist sponge or towel to lift off solid stains.
* Do not place plants or flower containers directly on the wood floor. Use a plate under the container, and blot water spills at once.
* Do not use bleaches, acetone or strong astringents to clean spots and stains as they might cause damage to the floor’s finish.
By following these practical steps, and keeping your wood flooring swept and clean, you will receive decades of satisfaction from its appearance.